Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's Not About the Technology

Educators have been using technologies in classrooms for centuries, and while the technologies change over time, successful teaching and learning have not. Simply put, it’s not about the technology.

Don’t get me wrong: I love the way web technologies break down traditional barriers between students and the world beyond their four walls in the classroom. I have utilized those technologies in the classroom myself. But my success in using technology in instruction has never been about the technology tool; it’s been about expanding and deepening student understanding and enriching their learning experience.

So as you continue to enjoy Symposium sessions this week, consider technology in its larger context: learning and creating. How are these sessions promoting optimizing 21st century education?

No comments:

Post a Comment